If you are not happy with the default WordPress comment system, here is an amazing new WordPress comment plugin for you called wpDiscuz.
Many WordPress users use third party comment system like Disqus or Facebook to replace the default comment form on WordPress site, so if you are looking for a modern comment system with latest features wpDiscuz can be a nice alternative.
A quality comment system is very important for any website, because it extends the conversation related to your post and you get the idea how your users are looking at the content you produce. The comment system should be user friendly, modern and it should have modern features.
So, let's check how wpDiscuz is different from other comment system for WordPress.
New interactive, AJAX comment system. Responsive comment plugin with Live Update function. Allows your visitors discuss, vote for comments and share.
wpDiscuz is a very professional extension of the default WordPress comment system and comes with number of really useful features which attracts us to write about it on Sourcewp.
wpDiscuz brings in an interactive comment system to your WordPress site where users can extend their views in a clean and professional way. wpDiscuz comment system is fully responsive so your comment section will look perfect in the small screen devices as well.
It offers multi-level comment threads, with maximum levels depth setting option at the admin's end and comes with beautiful “Load More Comments”Ajax button. It also, offers great looking comment voting system which can add a lot of value to your discussion section.
Automatic URLs to link conversion in comment texts is another highlight of the wpDiscuz plugin.
Other Important Front End Features
- Clean, simple and easy user interface and user experience
- Live update of new comments with notifier buttons
- Allows to create a new discussion thread and reply to existing comment
- Different comment date formats, reflects WordPress date format settings
- Comment author notification options with special checkboxes on comment form
- Fully integrated and compatible with WordPress
- Uses WordPress Comment system with all managing functions and features
- Uses WP Avatar System, fully compatible with BuddyPress and other profiling plugins
- Secure and Anti-Spam features will not allow spammers to comment
- Comment voting with positive and negative result
- Smart voting system with tracking by logged-in user and cookies
- Post sharing options: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
It also offers number of powerful setting option at the backend of the plugin like you can hide or show CAPTCHA field on comment form, you can set users to register before they can comment on your site.
Other Dashboard Features
- Option to display comment form for certain post types
- Options to turn On/Off Comment Voting and Sharing features
- Option to held new comments for moderation
- Option to set nested comments maximum depth level
- Option to manage (hide/show) email notification checkboxes
- Option to notify administrators and comment authors on new comment/reply
- Option to keep checked-on the email notification checkboxes on comment form by default
- Option to manage font color
- Option to manage comment/reply background colors
- Option to manage author name and label color
- Option to manage reply/share/vote link colors
- Front-end phrase managing options, you'll be able to translate or change all phrases
wpDiscuz is a comprehensive WordPress comment system and the plugin looks really promising. The customization option available with the plugin makes it really a premium quality plugin and very useful for any niche website.
If you run an online shopping site created with WooCommerce, this plugin comes for WooCommerce as well called WooDiscuz.