While it comes to select a basic web hosting provider for a beginner or for the small business, then the market is full of options. However, only a few among the pool of web hosting providers offer decent service that includes overall features of fit-to-pocket plans, easy to use control panel, decent uptime & speed, effective customer support services and others as well.
Now, some big names of the market are HostGator, WP Engine and GoDaddy along with others as well. But, there is one more name which has managed to stay afloat on the surface and has offered good competition to the above names. Yes, I absolutely am talking about the Bluehost and let's discuss it in detail.
Bluehost – How it Emerged?
Bluehost has been known to the world since 2009, although its founder already had the required name in the market. But, since the Bluehost has been launched, it has become a major rival of Hostgator which is known for its cheap hosting plans and better uptime record.
Here is the complete detail about the features of Bluehost:
Bluehost Plans and Pricing
As I said above, the Bluehost is the major rival of HostGator in terms of price. Bluehost offers all kinds of hosting plans that is Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated. Here below are the details:
Shared Hosting Plans – Bluehost offers shared hosting in 3 plans, namely Starter, Plus and Business Pro with the following features:
- Starter Plan – It comes with unlimited bandwidth, 1 domain and 100 GB disk space. Starts At – US $ 3.95/month
- Plus plan – This medium shared hosting plan offers unlimited disk space, bandwidth and domains. Starts At – US $ 6.95/month
- Business Pro Plan – The best shared hosting plan also has same features as the above plan. Starts At – US $ 14.95/month.
There are also some options available with the VPS, Reseller and Dedicated hosting, which you can choose as per your need and requirements.
The Control Panel
Being the 2nd most preferred web hosting service in the market, the Bluehost needed to offer a simple user control panel which can be used by any newbie effectively and Bluehost doesn't disappoint you in this regard. There is a conventional cPanel available for allowing users to handle the control panel easily.
However, it doesn't offer the customization, which is available with the HostGator in the same cPanel.
Technical Support Staff
The thing which has let the Blue' down sometimes with the users is it's time taking process of problem resolution and even contacting to customer support takes hell lot of a time, not always though.
It has the same methods of contacting the Technical staff that is E-mail, Phone or ticket generation like HostGator. It usually takes around a week to get your problem resolved. Coming to the safety, the Bluehost surely does have best-in-class security to keep your data safe from hackers.
Speed, Uptime and Speed
Bluehost has the decent number while we talk about the above factors when deciding to choose it as the next web-hosting service provider. Here are the details:
- Speed – It usually takes around 3 seconds to get the websites load while hosted on Bluehost.
- Uptime – Bluehost also guarantees 99.9% uptime, but has failed to perform that with nearly 45 minutes of downtime in 6-7 failures in a week for the website hosted on it.
- Loading Time – The average load time of the websites supported by the Bluehost is nearly 5 seconds, making it not so good enough for the bigger ventures.
Rest of the Talk
Well, the Bluehost clearly doesn't posses features as good as the HostGator, but still can be used if the latter has failed to impress you. But, keep the below things in mind while choosing Bluehost.
- It could take more than a week to get the issues resolved with the customer care.
- The downtime makes it not good enough for your dream project.
But, there is a feature that you should know about Bluehost and that is CPU Throttling.
What is CPU Throttling?
While hosted on shared hosting, the CPU Throttling jail the websites which uses most of the resources at one time and hence making it a fair call. Well, this is something different from the rest of the hosting providers and is a good one too.
The Bluehost is definitely one of the most impressive options available in the market with many features and competitive price tag.
However, the support system and downtime issues are its limitations, but it still can be selected if you're a rookie blogger and want to be exposed to the world with all possible failures, problems and real-time services.