WordPress powers a majority of the worlds websites. Why? The price of “free” helps, and its infinitely customizable uses. But what set WordPress apart from the competition was its ability to fulfill a basic need: make it easy to make a user-friendly website. Since its inception in 2003, WordPress has been recognized as a power website builder. In the years since, a proliferation of plugins and themes have sought to make it even better. With thousands of “solutions” available, where do we begin? Not all tools are equal, and the path to success is not clear.
In this post, I am going to give you 5 secrets to a user-friendly WordPress site. User-friendly websites are a must when we talk about effective communication. Whether it is a business website or a blogging website or a blog section of a business website. All of the website needs to be user-friendly in order to cater an effective communication that can be acknowledge by the visitor.
Let’s get started,
The first requirement that is really crucial in order to keep the website user-friendly you need to keep your navigation simple and direct. Avoid any kind of maze. Your visitor is not here to get confused. He is here to get a solution to his problem. So, simply provide him that and rest assured, he will be back.
Try using effective page navigations, breadcrumbs and a simple “Up” button. All these things can be easily catered through the choice of your WordPress theme. If you didn’t have effective navigation through your theme, then you can also use WordPress plugins to give a simple structure to your website navigation. Let’s see which plugin you can use in order to give your website an easy navigation,
- For Page Navigation
- WP-Page Navi
- WP Page Numbers
- For Breadcrumbs- Breadcrumb NavXT
- For the Up Button- Scroll to Top
An Easy-to-Use Noting Function
Now, point to be noted is if users are commenting on your blog, then it means the engaging rate is high. This gives you more urgency than anything that you need to make it user-friendly. For that, you just have to follow the following checklist and do those which suits the nature of your website.
Let’s get started,
- A Comment Widget- Use an easy comment box that empowers your visitor to write a comment in your post. For this purpose, you can HyperComments.
- A Comment Preview- You can also apply a feature like this. Showing the user a preview of their comment. This indeed has been proven to be very useful nowadays. You can use Filosofo Comments Preview to avail this feature.
- Subscription to Comments- You must add an option to encourage the viewer to subscribe the comment updates of your blog. This will send them email notification every time a comment is updated. For this, you can use Subscribe To Comments Plugin.
- CAPTCHA- In order to control spam, captcha is a very good way. Yet, it can severely damage your user-interaction. You must remove it if, you want to increase the user-engagement.
Integration with the Social Media
A website’s true worth is discovered through the social media sharing. In order to increase the user-interaction in your WordPress website, then you might want to add easy social media share buttons in your posts. For that, you can make use of WordPress plugins such as Social Share Buttons, Yandex.Share and UpToLike Social Share Buttons.
These plugins will cater the share buttons in your post so that your visitors can easily share the post on the social media network. This will also increase your website organic traffic and visits.
A Contact or Feedback Form
In order to maintain the communication flow between you and your visitor, provide them a contact form that will keep the connection flowing effectively. There are many plugins that can help you to cater the service. Such as Contact Form 7 or Contact Form plugins.
These plugins will add a contact form to the desired page of your WordPress website. The preferable place is ought to be a Contact Us page. Then they can fill that form up and contact you easily. By enabling contact form, you also show that you actually care about your visitors in the time of their need.
This is the most important part of the WordPress website. You need the following to effectively engage the viewer of your website.
- A website map to allow the user to check on the headlines of the post. For this, you can use Dagon Design Sitemap Generator.
- A Record list that will show the related post with reference to the present post of your website. You can use Simple Tags, Contextual Related Posts, and Related Posts Thumbnails.
- Encourage the user to subscribe to your blog post or website post. By this, you can make sure that the viewer will continuously visit your website. By subscribing they will get an email notification whenever a new post is updated by you. You can make use of MailerLite WordPress plugin.
So, these are the top 5 secrets that you probably know but didn’t pay enough attention. So, just make sure that you perform all these things and rest assured, your viewers will get engaged effectively because your WordPress website is user-friendly.
Let’s give you a quick flashback of those five pointers,
- The first requirement that is really crucial in order to keep the website user-friendly you need to keep your navigation simple and direct.
- An Easy-to-Use Noting Function.
- A website’s true worth is discovered through the social media sharing. In order to increase the user-interaction in your WordPress website, then you might want to add easy social media share buttons in your posts.
- In order to maintain the communication flow between you and your visitor, provide them a contact form that will keep the connection flowing effectively.
- Effective and Easy Article Navigation.
I hope you like my post. Please do share it to spread the word. Cheers!!!